Sunday, April 7, 2013

Prayer

Prayer

Let what I feel fill me, but not consume me
Let me follow what I feel, but not be forced
Let me become the kind of soul 
Who never clings to hard
Who lets go and yet loves
Let me imagine better worlds, 
Yet work in this one
Let me touch and treasure, even people I can never hold
And let me learn from all my losses
Let me out, and let me in
Let me see, and let me be
A window, maybe broken, 
But through which, 
A bit of air and sunlight comes.

--Jack Veasey


3 comments:

  1. Typossss. *too *better

    You're Welcome ;)

    khb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Smarty Pants in an Ivy League School
      (This means you khb)

      My original source that I took the poem from has the typo! This one isn't on me.

      :o)

      Delete
    2. Also: I never suggested I wasn't a broken window!

      :oP

      Delete