Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Nuts and Bolts: Using Your Insurance for Mental Health Services

It seems that every time January comes around I spend an increased time on the phone with insurance companies. This year is proving to be no different. People's policies change, employers don't always provide clear information, and confusion ensues.

This might be a good time to take a bit of time out to do a little self-education about your own insurance plan. I've put together a list of questions to ask your insurance company. You can find that on my website, here. Additionally, I have made a glossary of insurance terms. It's helpful when you are trying to decode what it is you are reading when you receive an EOB (explanation of benefits) or are on the phone with your insurance company. Check out that glossary here.

Lastly, I've come across a helpful posting about health insurance that I thought I would share. This link will take you to it: The Nuts and Bolts: Using Your Insurance for Mental Health Services

No comments:

Post a Comment