Friday, January 6, 2012

Shit White Girls Say (To Black Girls)

As evidenced by my blog and twitter stream, I apparently have been thinking a lot about discrimination in general and racism in particular. What's somewhat sad to me is that each time I write about these issues I shed a certain number of online followers. Some say good riddance -- people who aren't interested in what I'm writing about are leaving. I find that it really bothers me because one of the reasons I do this is that I'm wanting to create forums for people to think about difficult things that they don't have opportunities to think about. I'm sad when I miss out on an opportunity to engage someone in dialogue.

This morning I was catching up on some of the blogs I read frequently. I came across this smart video on en | gender. Some of the comments on YouTube show just how ugly racism can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment